TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BILD welcomes you to our website for the BILD Awards
The following terms apply to your use of the Building Industry and Land Development Association (‘BILD’) Awards website ('the Website') and all content which may be accessed in several ways, including but not limited to the world wide web, PDA, mobile devices and RSS feeds. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access content, on whatever device. By using this website you are deemed to have accepted the following conditions.
Terms & Conditions of Use
1. Copyright of the Website is owned by BILD. The Website content must not be copied or reproduced, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the content of the Website without the express written permission of BILD. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
2. The names, images and logos identifying BILD, RenoMarkTM or third parties and their products and services, are proprietary marks of BILD, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks without obtaining permission may be an infringement of rights in those marks and BILD reserves all rights to enforce such rights.
3. Content on the Website is provided for general information only to inform you about the awards or industry which may be of interest. At no point does it constitute legal advice (or any other type of advice) and should not be relied upon for this purpose.
4. BILD is providing the content in good faith but no warranty or representation is given that the content is accurate, complete or up to date. Use of content on the Website is entirely at your own risk. BILD takes reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses and other malicious programs on the Website and no liability is accepted for them and you must take your own precautions in this respect.
5. Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. BILD makes no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be interrupted or error free and disclaims all liability in respect thereof.
6. This Website contains links to other websites. BILD accepts no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this Website, or any use of personal data by such a third party. The inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply endorsement by BILD or the Awards of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
7. Parts of the Site contain advertising and sponsorship. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material, which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
8. Force majeure
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the Website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
9. Changes to these Terms & Conditions
We can change these Terms at any time, without notice, and your continued use of the Services after any change we make will mean that you agreed with the changes. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGE, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY PURPOSE.
10. These terms and Conditions shall be governed in accordance with Canadian law.
Areas of BILD Awards website are restricted to registered users and are controlled by username and password. We allow you to access these restricted areas of the site on the basis that:
. Your username and password are personal to you and shall not be used by anyone else to access these restricted areas;
2. You provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested by BILD or the Awards in the application;
3. You do not do anything that would assist anyone who is not a registered user to BILD or the Awards, or an approved user of the Administration areas to gain access to these restricted areas or any documents contained therein;
4. You do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another individual, organization or brand;
5. You have read, understood and comply with these Terms & Conditions.
BILD reserves the right to cancel your registration to the site and/or refuse you access to restricted areas immediately and without giving you any advance notice. BILD shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any pages on the site.
BILD Awards Entry Fees
1. BILD reserves the right to make any pricing adjustment.
2. BILD reserves the right of final decision in all matters relating to this promotion.
- If you wish to cancel your entry email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will be issued if cancellation request is received on or before the entry deadline date.
1. Users of the BILD Awards Website may submit material for publication in sections of the Website. Some of these areas are restricted to Registered users only. BILD accepts no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by BILD and is not responsible for its content or accuracy. If you want to submit material to the Website you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
i. You grant BILD a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to republish any material you submit in any format.
ii. You warrant to BILD that any material you submit is your own work, or the work of your clients, and that you own the copyright and all relevant rights.
iii. You warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal.
iv. You agree not to post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users.
v. You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause BILD damage or loss and agree to indemnify BILD in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by BILD as a result of publishing any material you submit to us, including consequential loss.
vii. Content must be accurate and truthful. Obscene, offensive, defamatory, illegal or otherwise negative comments of people, companies, organizations or brands is strictly forbidden. Content should be relevant to the readers of the website and should not be used for excessive linking, keyword stuffing, spam and advertising. Users and content found to be breaching these terms will removed and may be refused future access.
By confirming your attendance at one of BILD or BILD Awards events, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research. To do this we may share your information with our business partners. A list of all delegates may be published and circulated at the event and/or on the event website. Some of our events are supported by business partners. If this is the case, we will share the delegate list and any relevant completed delegate feedback forms with them.
Payment must be made at the time of booking unless specifically stated. Credit/debit card payment can be made over the phone or via the website. All cancelations must be made in writing to BILD (20 Upjohn Road, Suite 100, Toronto, ON M3B 2V9 or by email to email@example.com) and received by us no later than 7 days before the date of the event. You may substitute delegates at any time by providing reasonable advance notice to BILD.
No credit will be issued for any cancelations occurring within seven (7) days (inclusive) of the event.
In the event that BILD cancels an event for any reason, you will receive a credit for 100% of the contract fee paid. In the event that BILD postpones an event for any reason and the delegate is unable or unwilling to attend in on the rescheduled date, you will receive a credit for 100% of the contract fee paid. BILD shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event this conference is canceled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this conference impracticable, illegal or impossible.
For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, pandemic, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency. Please note that while speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancelations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, BILD reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.